Key dates in Wales
- Roald Dahl Day 13 September each year.
- Autumn equinox 23 September 2018
- Welsh writer Dylan Thomas was born on 27 October 1914. The Dylan Thomas Festival takes place in Swansea from 27 October to 9 November each year.
- Black History Month - October each year
- One of the rounds of the FIA World Rally Championship, Dayinsure Wales Rally GB, 4 - 7 Oct 2018
- Under the Armour rugby takes place at Principality Stadium with southern hemisphere teams countries competing, with Wales women playing in Cardiff Arms Park.
Clocks go back
British summer time ends in autumn. The clocks go back one hour on 28 October 2018.
There are no public holidays during the autumn months.
The new school year begins in early September. Half term usually takes place towards the end of October (around 24 October)/beginning of November. The autumn half term varies from school to school authority and lasts for one week.
The new semester starts in late September/early October. See individual universities for details.
Summer recess Monday 23 July 2018 - Sunday 16 September 2018
Autumn Half Term Monday 29 October 2018 - Sunday 4 November 2018
Christmas recess Monday 17 December 2018 - Sunday 6 January 2019