Autumn colours in Wales
It is so enjoyable to take a walk and see the beautiful changing shades of autumn. There are some stunning colours during the season. The leaves on the trees turn glorious shades of red, yellow and amber.
Wherever you are in Wales you don’t have to go far to enjoy the autumn colour in the countryside, gardens and parks.
Some suggested places to visit are Castell Coch in the south east Wales, where you can see the copper beech trees surrounding the fairytale castle in late October. Alternatively take a stroll through Bute Park, Cardiff or Cwmcarn Forest in Caerphilly.
Our many gardens offer a range of colours during the autumn months.
- Aberglasney, West Wales
- Bodnant Gardens, North Wales
- Powis Castle and Garden, Mid Wales
- Dinefwr Park and Castle, Mid Wales
- Dyffryn Gardens, South Wales
- Coed y Brenin Forest Park, Snowdonia National Park
- Bwlch Nant yr Arian Forest Centre, Cambrian Mountains
- Garwnant, Brecon Beacons National Park
- The Dingle Garden Nr Welshpool
If you take photos in Wales we'd love you to share them with us (non professionals please). Why not tweet us some of your pictures?